The above footage shows our first experiment with dropping ink in water. Gwen and I took turns on who’s role it was to drop in the ink and shooting, We found that during our experiments that the different coloured inks ‘sat’ in the water differently.
Therefore we had to find a palette that not only worked aesthetically but sat in the water in a way that worked while shooting. The black tended to feel a bit thicker and once in the water change to a dark purple and keep its shape for longer creating interesting shapes.
The other colours we chose dispersed more quickly.




I also felt that i wanted to create another layer to the video ( in where it suited best) I used marbling inks as these would sit on the surface of the water rather than sinking and can create more defined shapes. I feel this experiment was successful and will add greater depth to the footage when it’s layered in.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s